Thursday, October 27, 2005

God's Blogs


That God. He sure is a busy Divinity! Now he is blogging. Well, He isn't blogging (not that I know of), but there is a book with that title.

God's Blogs, by Lanny Donoho, is a funny but also poignant collection of what God is thinking, or rather, is blogging. I guess this might lead to WWJB (What Would Jesus Blog) before too long.

Here is a bit from it,

Hey!

Kids!

My Kids!

There are a bunch of things that really aren't that big a deal to Me.

It doesn't matter much to Me whether you immerse or sprinkle.

I'm not concerned if you eat wafers or bread crumbs, or drink wine or grape juice.

You can wear jeans or shorts or a tux to church.

Not a big deal.

You can sing hymns or choruses or chant.

You can use King James or The Message or read from the original Hebrew if you want.

You can meet Sundays or any other day.

You don't impress Me any more by being a preacher than you do by being a plumber or a nurse or a cook or a guy who goes from house to house every day spraying for bugs.

I don't love you any less if you are divorced than I would if you had been married for fifty years.

If you have made a million mistakes and done things you think I would never forgive...

Not that big of a deal.

I'M your Dad!

I can't not love you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home