Monday, October 03, 2005

Cup of Community


There is Starbucks and then there is Taft Street Coffee.

Don't get me wrong, you can find me happily in many of the Starbucks all around town, but when you get a chance to go to 2115 Taft street, do it.


It's not that the coffee or Chai Tea is better. (Even though it is.) And yeah, they have some great books you can get cozy with. Of course you can get online and listen to the usually perfect background music playing. There is a gallery, a recording studio, and Ecclesia meets there. It is a community center.

While I was there today standing at the counter, a guy starting chatting with me about my camera. His name is Ben and he is from Imago Dei. He and some other folks had just driven in from Portland to help out with the damage done by Hurricanes Katrina and Rita. They will be in the area for a couple of weeks. You can follow their progress.



Ben was also kind enough to give me some camera tips and tricks. Thanks.

Good luck and God bless ya'll.




And it is here that Doxology will live for the next month.

Opening reception is Friday, October 7th. (6-10pm) All are invited.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home