Thursday, October 05, 2006

Cold Water

I think I've been burying my talents in the ground. Do you know that story...that parable? There are two versions; I'll direct you to the one in Matthew. A man gave his servants some money to look after and take care of while he is gone. The link can take you to the story so I wont go into too much detail...but I'm like the last guy who was afraid and "lazy", not doing much with what I've been given.

I've always like making God videos. You know, stuff that has a bit of meaning to it. I've neglected it for the past year. I'm working to change that. I'm also changing what I do with them. Before, I tried to sell them. Now I think I'll give them away. (I'm not saying there is anything wrong with other folks, companies who are in business selling God videos. I have no problem with that.)

I don't have anything new to offer yet, but I have something from a series I did called King David's Garage Band. This is a song from Damien Rice. Buy 'O' from which this song is taken. The song is Cold Water and it really is amazing. I framed it against one of the darkest Psalms...Psalm 88.

Growing up, I cannot remember ever hearing a sermon on Psalm 88. It was never talked about. All the other Psalms seem like they are made for TV. You know, they may start out bad, stay bad, but right at the very end there is the clause, but you are the LORD and I will trust in you...fade to black. Not this one. Not 88. It just ends, no explanation, just desperation, and a place in life where all of us have visited at some point in our lives.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sean said...

Bart,

I loved this video when you gave it to me on the Gap DVD. Thanks for posting it.

12:49 PM, October 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home