Thursday, February 01, 2007

Jesus Loves Osama

Have you heard about the church in Australia? Here is their church sign.


On the bottom of the sign is the verse Matthew 5:44
...Love your enemies, and pray for those who persecute you...

Try putting that on your sign.

I'm all for supporting our troops and offering prayers for their safety. But if we are followers of the Way, and our faith is more than lip service, why don't we pray for Osama, too? (Which, if that was all there was to it, might not be so difficult.)

How do we love him? How do we stretch out our lives beyond ourselves like Jesus did? I don't know. I'm not the best at loving fully those who love me, let alone those who do not.

I do know I have not heard one prayer (or myself - said one) for him.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've thought about this also.
I also find it somewhat strange that I don't really understand why so much hate. Is the misunderstanding mutual? Is it fear? Who is afraid of whom?

Maybe the prayers are done in private? Maybe I'm just naiive?

All we are asked to to is love. Even our enemies. Even those who hate us.

10:28 PM, February 02, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I understand almost three thousand souls went into eternity on 9-11-01.

I will pray for him. I pray he will be found or die a miserable death.

5:11 PM, February 17, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home