Wednesday, August 24, 2005

God Sings

I've been listening a lot to Coldplay's, X&Y the last few days. Especially, A Message. I really like the lyrics. I'm not sure of the original intent of the song but I started relistening to it with the God frame around it.

Think of it with the, God is love, verse in mind. Think of it as God singing it to us...

My song is love
Love to the loveless, shown
And it goes up
You don't have to be alone

Your heavy heart
Is made of stone
And its so hard to see you clearly
You don't have to be on your own
You don't have to be on your own

And I'm not gonna take it back
Well I'm not gonna say I don't mean that
You're the target that I'm aiming at
And I get that message home

My song is love
My song is love, unknown
And I'm on fire for you, clearly
You don't have to be alone
You don't have to be on your own

And I'm not gonna take it back
And I'm not gonna say I don't mean that
You're the target that I'm aiming at
But I'm nothing on my own
Got to get that message home

And I'm not gonna stand and wait
Not gonna leave it until its much too late
On a platform I'm gonna stand and say
That I'm nothing on my own
And I love you, please come home

My song is love, is love unknown
And I've got to get that message home



The line...I'm nothing on my own...have you ever thought about God not making it on his own without us? Yeah, I know, only a hundred years ago I would have been tarred and feathered. Okay, maybe not even that long ago!

I know we can't make it on our own despite our continual efforts. But, what if God can't make it on his own without us? Maybe that is why we were created.

I mean, really, has anyone ever figured out why we were created. I'm not so bold as to say this is definitely it, but if God is love, then he needs to love. He created us to love. It is our freewill and the choice to love him back that makes it truly love. I don't say this in an arrogant way. Really, it is the opposite. It is humbling.

How much does God want to love us?

How badly does he want us to come back home?



I think I'm going to put a video together with this song for an upcoming gathering.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kevin Cooper said...

It feels odd to ask the question, but it seems like for the intensity of His love for us, to be what is truly is, He must need us in some way...right? That makes my relationship seem more personal. I believe everyone wants to be needed. The best part is, who we are is what he needs. We can't screw that up if we are just ourselves. No lifeboat there.

1:01 PM, September 09, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home