Thursday, September 22, 2005

Got Gas?

I just got home from work. I've been free-lancing at Channel Two this week. I'm done until the storm is over. I've covered more hurricanes than I can remember. Nothing like this, however.

And I've never seen anything like this hit Houston and nothing has even hit Houston. I know so many have been stuck in all the traffic. Fortunately, everywhere I had to go today was smooth sailing.

My folks left Pearland and made it to Cleveland, TX. This trip should only take 1 hour, 12 minutes. They left this morning around 8 or 9 am and made the 63 mile trip in just under 13 hours.

I did a live shot from the George R. Brown convention center. They were loading up folks from Louisiana to send to who knows where?

Also, I have never, ever seen so many gas stations without gas. It is so bizarre.

As Rita comes in (and I still have power) I will post some pictures and updates. Of course, if it keeps moving away from us, there may not be much to show.

3 Comments:

Blogger Andreia Huff said...

Feeling safe here in beautiful Magnolia Texas! I've fielded a call this morning from members of my father's congregation who have friends stuck on various highways with no water and/or gas. I guess none of the relief going to I 45 is getting to folks on 59! Yuck! Amazingly, someone was able to get to this person!
Glad you and Deann are getting out!

8:42 AM, September 23, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey--VERY safe up here in KY. It's beautiful to see an actual autumn!

We'll stay in touch. Stay stafe!

The Allens

10:21 AM, September 23, 2005  
Blogger Bart said...

Ah, autumn. I forget what that is like. It was 99 here yesterday. I'm glad ya'll are safe.

10:28 AM, September 23, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home