Saturday, January 21, 2006

Previous Engagement

So I've been away for a bit. Not out of the country or anything. Just away. Not from the computer, but from posting on this site. From trying to engage myself and others in whatever this is. The conversation, I guess.

From some blogs I keep up with, others are doing some of the same. It takes energy. It takes effort.

For me anyway, I love challenging things, myself, others, but at times I grow weary.

I've been away from Jesus too. The prayers haven't been flowing so quickly. Some days seems like one constant prayer just picking up at different points during the day. Recently it has been more like, "Oh yeah, I should pray." Next thought, "I wonder what is on TV?"

Maybe it is holidays. Busy time of year. I don't know.

It is good to be in community.

I guess there is a time to withdrawal. The tough part is not staying there too long. I know folks have different personalities. Some need to be around people all the time.

I see the potential in what is set up here. emergentHouston can be a great place for folks to gather. Life can sometimes get weary. We can help each other.

I like to compare it to being in a boat. You may be tired and worn out. Just get in the boat. Let someone else row for a bit. Then when you feel better, when you feel like you can, pick up an oar. Just get in the boat and we will cross over to the other side.

So, consider this an open invitation to get in the boat. I know there are many folks who check in here. If you want to be part of the conversation, feel free. Katie does. She is the youth minister in New Orleans who replied to the last post.

I'm not much of an organizer. It doesn't mean I'm not interested. If anyone wants to pick a time and place to get together for coffee (or whatever) and conversation, throw it out there.

I'm not going to make an grand promises of posting everyday. I'm just going to promise to pray today.

Bart

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home