Sunday, June 04, 2006

Hey there...I'm Nelda Haney and I guess I should tell you a little about myself. Currently I teach elementary art and host a young adult discussion group at my home on Tuesday evenings. My husband Randy and I began the Harbour in Baytown about 4 years ago. You can check out that at www.theharbourbaytown.com. I have worked with young adults for about 20 years now. I also have mentored home educators over the years (I finished with my two children last year), and I have taught in various areas of special education in the public school system. I added my certification in art this year....that's all good, but I guess it was my two and a half years of graduate research in Christ's teachings and comparing Christian character curricula to what Christ taught that really made me analyse and look at what we were doing in main stream Christianity. Suddenly my eyes were opened and I have been on the most interesting journey ever since.
I so value the individuals that are in this conversation and are willing to ask the tough questions. Listening to Brian McLaren speak the other night about the opposition and hate that is often pointed his way struck home with me. We have also been in the news in that area and have received negative press...not any where near the level he has...but none the less, I have once again had to go through a healing process. You are valuable...if you are reading this, join the discussion...your words need to be heard.
I want to thank Wendy Bailey...what a sister she has become to me. Let's enjoy this road as Christ continues to reveal to us how to become part of the world around us and be His hands and feet.
Well...that's just a little about me. Thanks for the invite Bart...
n

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home